Human touch and massage can convey comfort, love, and awareness as well as help alleviate aches and pains. All of these are beneficial and feel wonderful when you are pregnant.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage include: ¨
- Tranquil relaxation and stress reduction
- Relief of muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs
- Increasing blood and lymph circulation, helping to prevent swelling and reduce swelling -- if you are having swelling, this is an indication that it is time to come in for a Pregnancy Massage
- Reducing stress on weight-bearing joints
- Improving the outcome of labor and easing labor pain
- Enhancing the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- Increasing comfort even for women carrying multiple babies
Come in and enjoy pregnancy massage on our comfortable Pregnancy Table, which allows you to lie face down on your stomach (there is a supported hole in the table), or lie on your side with pillows for support. When you are face up, you will be in a reclining position.
Please discuss with your Massage Therapist if you are at risk for preterm labor, have blood clots or clotting disorders, or have other ailments. Your therapist may recommend that you have a written notice from your doctor or midwife before receiving massage therapy during pregnancy. Massage during the first trimester is up to the therapist, you, and your doctor. Massage has never been associated with an increased risk of miscarriage.
We look forward to helping you enjoy your pregnancy more! Simply call 860.536.3880...